Who needs a permit?

Under the Environmental Protection and Conservation Act [CAP 283], Environmental Permits are required for projects that will cause, or are likely to cause, environmental, social or custom impacts. If your project will cause, or is likely to cause, environmental, social or custom impacts you MUST apply for an Environmental Permit.

When people think of impacts, they often think of negative impacts. However, environmental, social or custom impacts can be:

  • positive or negative
  • direct or indirect
  • primary or secondary
  • short, medium or long term
  • permanent or temporary
  • Cumulative

For more information about environmental, social and custom impacts, see our guidelines.

Contact Us

Port Vila Office

Ministry of Climate Change Adaptation,
Meteorology & Geo-Hazards, Environment,
Energy and Disaster Management compound, Nambatu
PMB 9063, Port Vila
Phone: (678) 25302 | 33430

Luganville Office

Sanma Provincial Government Council,
PMB 239,

Location of DEPC Office

Most Read